Copenhagen, Denmark

Copenhagen, Denmark Mission

Monday, July 17, 2017

Week 47 - Goodbye Esbjerg!


My last week in Esbjerg was great! I left my planner back at the apartment so I will have to try and remember what we did. Pretty much just kept meeting with people, lots and lots of teaching! We met with a new guy named Patrick, and gave him a church tour and a book of Mormon!

4th of July was well celebrated here in Esbjerg! We went bowling with our investigator Kevin, (he is the one in the American flag T shirt) our ward mission leader martin, and a member Lasse, and the Elders. Then we were real Americans and ate at this place called The Grill for dinner... it was a buffet and I left very full and happy :)




We got lucky and got 2 eating appointments this week! One with this really nice member who lives right on the beach. After a yummy dinner of curry with meat balls, she wanted to take us on a walk on the beach! Esbjerg is known for having the second best sunsets in Denmark. (First being Bornholm, a little island that is close to Sweden.) 



We also had an appointment Friday night with another great family. We had a BBQ on their back patio, and it felt so homey :) Danish homes are just so cute! I can’t really put my finger on how they are different than American homes though. They just feel so open, modern fresh and hyggeligt!


On Saturday we took an essentials P day and went to Fanø. It is a little island just off the coast of Esbjerg.

IT was super cute, and they were having a special festival to celebrate Fanø's independence I think. We got some pastries, walked on the Gågade, saw people dressed up in cute olden day clothes and had fun! We also biked down to Sonderhø. It is supposed to be Denmark's "most hyggeligt town" It was a long bike ride away... 12 km one way! It was super cute, but I would say that town our ferry took us to be just as hyggeligt. That night we ate dinner at one of our investigators houses that live on Fanø.

Saturday morning we got transfer calls. This whole transfer I kind of had a gut feeling Esbjerg was going to be a one and done. I was right! President called us 8 am Saturday morning and told us Sister Lanham would be getting a new companion and that I would be transferring to Rødover (I cannot even pronounce it... kind of sounds like Roll- Ower but with a sock in your mouth). In Copenhagen  I would be the new Sister Training Leader with Soster Jex! I guess the Lord didn’t want me on Jylland very long. I am SUPER excited to be back on Sjæland.

So a Sister Training Leader is like a Girl Zone leader. We go on splits with other sisters and do trainings at Conferences and district meeting and all that jazz.... it will be fun! :)

I am SO sad to leave Esbjerg. Søster Lanham is SO awesome! It was sad to say bye. The ward had such nice members too! And the investigators we worked with were just so great too! Especially Kevin. (We went to his house the other day and he got us pizza!? he is just the nicest.) We also had a good lesson with him on Sunday. Talked about if the Book of Mormon is true, then so is everything else! Joseph smith, the plan of salvation, priesthood, everything. That is why gaining a solid testimony of that little blue book is so important!
Esbjerg will be missed! But I am pumped to be back in Copenhagen!
Soster Jones




No comments:

Post a Comment