Copenhagen, Denmark

Copenhagen, Denmark Mission

Monday, March 20, 2017

Week 31 - Our weakness can become our strength


Hi! Another normal week.....

This week we had a first lesson with a girl we met on the street a few weeks back. We haven’t had a first lesson with a new investigator for a while so that was nice! We invited her to pray about the Book of Mormon, and she says if she finds out it is true she will be baptized!

Wednesday we had Zone training. We have 2 new Elders fresh from the MTC in our Zone. I was talking to one of them, and he said that Brother Wright one of the teachers at the MTC, told them about some Sisters who made a 'cooler' out of the air conditioner in the classroom to keep their salsa cold.... THAT WAS ME!  The legend of the salsa fridge lives on! Ha-ha-ha

Saturday we played soccer in the rain.  It was fun! I am actually getting better! After that we did some service at a member’s house. He had a giant pile of scrap metal and we helped move it into a big container. We worked for about 2 hours and barley made a dent.  By the end of it, we were all exhausted! Luckily they fed us lunch just beforehand :) I was happy to help and do service, but 2 hours of soccer then 2 hours of service right after is not smart! We woke up Sunday morning just absolutely beat.
Hauling away the scrap metal

Jones, Jeppson, Acosta and Thurman in the background with the wheelbarrow





Sunday we had dinner at a member’s house. (Fun fact.... their daughter is on a mission right now in Italy, and I met her while I was at the MTC! I never thought that “fast forward 6 months”  I would be eating dinner at her parents’ house! )

We talked about how right now it is like we are in a dark room. We cannot see anything, even ourselves. At the other end of the room there is a candle, and that is Christ. As we walk towards the candle things begin to be brighter, including ourselves. We begin to see ourselves and all of our weaknesses and flaws. 

Then we talked a lot about of weaknesses, and how really, they are a gift from God. They allow us to BECOME something. 

 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.  -Ether 12:27

One day we will all stand before God and be judged for the person we have become.  We can begin to see our weaknesses here on earth, and work on them, or we can wait tell we come face to face with God.  Wouldn't you rather have your weaknesses shown to you while you are here, so you have time to work on them and become better? 

Even though when we begin to walk towards Christ it is hard because we see how imperfect we are, in the end it is so much better. 

I feel like I have seen so many of my weaknesses on my mission. I have realized how impatient or unloving I can be.  How imperfect I really am. But I am so grateful that I see these things, because I know that through that, I am becoming more like Christ. And I guess I have realized too, if you are close to God or ' moving close to the candle', you will be able to see more and more of what you need to change. I am grateful that the Lord loves me enough to cut me down, and let me grow into something better! 

I hope you all have a great week!

Love, 

Soster Jones


No comments:

Post a Comment