Copenhagen, Denmark

Copenhagen, Denmark Mission

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Week 27 - Tillukke Med Fødselsdag (Happy Birthday)


This week was pretty good!

Tuesday, Valentine’s Day, I forgot it was Valentine’s Day until that night. We had a good lesson that day and committed one of our investigators to stop smoking and she has a baptismal date in April.  I slept for the majority of the day because I have been super sick with a bad cough. Honestly, I could barely talk!  I really needed those extra hours!

Happy Birthday to me! For my birthday, I studied my scriptures and studied some Danish.  My awesome companion made me some fried shrimp and veggies for lunch, and went to go try and talk to people about the Book of Mormon in downtown Roskilde! 

It was a pretty awesome and completely normal day!  I also bought some Ben and Jerry’s ice-cream and some pastries and we celebrated in our apartment.  We also took some fun pictures.  I opened my present from mom and Annie and Gp'a Bob. TAK! (thank you)  I got lots of calls from other missionaries who wished me happy birthday :)  It was a good day!
Happy Birthday to me :)

Ben & Jerry's!  Even in Denmark!
Thursday night we had dinner at a member’s house, and the Elders told them it was my birthday the day before, so they threw me a Danish birthday party!
Tak!  Soster Kjeldsen for my birthday party and cake girl :)

In Denmark, it’s a tradition to celebrate your birthday with everything decorated with Danish flags. So they put up a whole bunch of flags, and decorated the table with little mini flags. It was so cute! Instead of a cake, they have this thing.... I forget what it is called but it is pretty much a giant cinnamon roll shaped like a girl and decorated with icing and gummy candies and licorice for hair! (Luckily for me, they knew I don’t like black licorice, so they picked root beer flavored licorice instead) It was really cute!

We spent a lot of time finding people to teach this week, but didn’t have a ton of luck. We did meet one girl on Monday who was interested in learning a little more about Christ, so we just made an appointment with her for next week, so I guess she is now a new investigator!




We have tried to stop by the guy’s house who asked for the Book of Mormon, but he hasn’t been home.

We also have a few investigators who are either on pause for various reasons, or have kind of just disappeared. So we are still looking for new people to teach.

 I have not had hair cut since I left for the mission, seven months ago.   I decided  “what the heck?”  I let Søster Acosta cut my hair last night!  She did a pretty good job!  It is only like 3 or 4 inches shorter, but I just didn’t even care anymore.  It needed a cut!

All in all it was a pretty good week and I was happy to celebrate my 20th birthday in Denmark!

Love,

Søster Jones


No comments:

Post a Comment