Copenhagen, Denmark

Copenhagen, Denmark Mission

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Week 25 - SLC referral

Hi! 

This week was pretty good. Not a ton happened, but first off I'm in the library and it’s so loud. Lots of loud Danish kids yelling and I'm in an uncomfortable chair! Also, some Ellie Golding song that is really distracting ha-ha.  We also went to the Domkirke Castle. 
Elders Thurman and Evans came with us

I love being a missionary in Denmark!


Domkirke Castle

Soster Jones and Acosta


This week we had a Zone training here in Roskilde. I am now in the West Sjæland Zone, so I got to meet some new missionaries! This training was really good. We talked about a bunch of ways we can focus better on 'teaching repentance'. Also, they announced that there is a new missionary schedule change world wide! 

Our schedules are now adaptable to where we are in the world, and the culture. Not much has changed here in Denmark. In the winter, we are allowed to come back to our apartments at 8 instead, and go to bed at 9:30 if we need extra sleep. Even with this change, I still somehow always get to bed at 10:30…. I think I just write in my journal longer with my extra time. We also have the option to move around things like our studies. We can go out and contact people in the morning and do our studies at night if we want, but we still do studies in the morning, I like that better. Also, lunch is only 30 mins. now, that isn't much :( But, all is well! The changes really are not that big. Oh, but the best change is that on p-days, we have 30 min of personal study in the morning, then we have the rest of the day until 6:00 pm to ourselves! That is really nice. More time to see fun stuff :)

Our mission this transfer has a goal to give out 2,000 Books of Mormon. So, for the next 6 weeks that means each companionship should give out about 1-2 books every day. We talked a little bit about that at Zone Training too. I have been really excited about this goal! I love it when we offer a book to someone and they take it. People don't realize how powerful the book we are giving them just is! But I am so grateful that people will take a chance to read it, and learn about Jesus Christ and his restored gospel. 

One day we went out knocking and I just could feel the faith burning inside me. I wanted to give out a whole bunch of Mormon Bog's (Danish for books) that day. I just KNEW we were going to find people too! I cant really explain how I felt. I was so full of faith and happiness for the gospel of Jesus Christ. 


So, we started knocking, and of course it started rough with a bunch of rejection, but after an hour we ended up giving out 7 books!! That doesn't sound like a ton, but for here in Denmark, finding 7 people in a little more than an hour who would take the book, was amazing! I really felt like the Lord blessed me for my faith and the fact we were able to give out that many books was a miracle to me! :)

Another mini miracle... earlier in the week we got a referral from SLC of a guy here in Roskilde who wanted a Book of Mormon delivered to his house? We went to go deliver it, and ended up talking to him for a while. He is probably 30ish, has a family, a completely normal Dane, and is well off! And he was SO interested to read the book! That doesn't just happen!? 

He told us that he visited SLC previously and became interested in the church. He read a lot on mormon.org and lds.org, and said he loved how our church was so centered on families. He said everything he read pointed him to the Book of Mormon, so he decided he needed to read it. He wants to read it before he meets with us again.  I have so much faith that he has been prepared by the Lord, and is ready to receive the gospel!  The Lord is always preparing people who want to hear about His church, we just have to find them, or be led to them!

Sorry, I haven't taken very many pictures. We are in the car all the time! Not as easy to take pictures, like when I was on a bike. But, Søster Acosta and I bought matching dresses last p day, and we wore them on Sunday so we took some quick pictures of that :)




Looking forward to a great week!

Love,

Søster Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment