Copenhagen, Denmark

Copenhagen, Denmark Mission

Friday, September 2, 2016

Week 3 - Halfway done with the MTC!


Week 3 - September 1, 2016

Hello! I swear I was just emailing yesterday.... the days and weeks go by so fast!  It’s crazy. I’m going to be out of here before I know it!
Last P-day we had a picnic
The pic of my teacher and grumpy cat is hilarious... I made a whole bunch of copies and I’m going to post them up all over our classroom.  Our teacher is really fun.
Translated = For the cats
Ok cool story. So our teacher Bro Jeweks is a total goof. Right now he is playing our investigator David. So we were going to go teach David and we were a little late and so he wrote on the white board of the class room, right above where he was teaching, " Undervise ham" Which means teach him, with a whole bunch of arrows  pointing to him..... So when we walked in we kind laughed and it was kind of hard to focus because he was being goofy. We were trying to teach him, and he didn’t really understand anything we were saying or why he needs to get baptized by someone who had God’s preastedommemyndighed  ( priesthood authority).

We were getting really frustrated, and finally I was just really bold and said,” ok David ( except this was in Danish :0 ) who knows ALL truth? God. So if you have a question, we can sit here and try to explain an answer to you as much as you want, but the only way you will know for yourself 100% that what we say is true, is if you pray to God and ask him.”

 And then I testified of prayer and receiving answers and it was so cool because both me and my comp could feel the spirit just flood into the room. We started off goofy, BUT the second I started to testify that God answers our prayers, the mood in the room changed, and we all felt it. I can’t wait to have more experiences like that in the real mission field!
We had Elder Maynes come speak for our devotional this week and he was great! He talked about how it’s important to keep pushing when it’s hard. You never know when then next person you decide to talk to, will accept the gospel and let it change their life.   We also had some other guy come and speak, I forgot his name, he is in charge of missionary stuff and he helped write Preach My Gospel.  He talked about The District 3! And guess where it was filmed? Tempe Arizona! I’m not sure when it comes out but I thought that was super cool. It focuses on teaching with technology. And He brought two sisters from that mission and they talked to us too.


Twinners


We got a new teacher Sister Mann, and she is the cutest! We absolutely love her. It’s really nice to have a girl teacher, that way if we cry in class she totally understands and doesn’t get weirded out ha-ha. She also has been telling us a lot about the pastries in Denmark and how they are sooooo good! And exactly what to say when we walk in to a bakery ha-ha. " Ma jeg bede om, en af dem der"  ha-ha and point to the best looking pastry ;)

Ok another cool thing, me and my comp have talked a lot about salvation vs. exaltation, and how the worth of EVERY soul is SO great in the Lord’s eyes. If God just wanted people baptized because it’s a necessary ordinance, there are a lot more efficient ways to get that done, than sending 18 and 19 years olds to countries where they don’t even speak the language. BUT He wants all of us to, not to just return to live with him, but to become like him, and have exaltation. That’s why He send us, because we learn and grow and become more like Christ by serving missions. I thought that was such a cool thought!

SO this week we had a thing called TRC. I forget what that stands for, but pretty much return missionary’s come in and we teach them a lesson, or just share with them a thought from the scriptures. This was fun, but they spoke Danish so fast and it was really hard to understand them! I have a long way to go!

We got 4 new elders in our zone last Wednesday! Technically they are called to the Denmark Copenhagen mission, but they got called speaking Icelandic! So they will only serve in Iceland. They are here for 9 weeks.

OH! And I was in the book store about an hour ago and was talking to the sister in front of me, and she asked where I was going and I said Denmark, and she goes , ME TOO!  But wait? you’re not in my group? Turns out because she already knows the language she is on some fast track thing and is only there for three weeks. SO she’s in a different zone and district, but she will fly out with us!
Lots of cute skirts at the MTC bookstore
Well that was pretty much my week!
Thank you Sister Hancock for the cinnamon rolls!  They were delicious :)



Love getting packages!

I scored with the "Dear Elder" letters today!


Love you! Thanks for the mail and everything! It’s been great!
Soster Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment